Hello, 2012!

 "A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other."
-Author unknown


Happy 2012!
Well,  here we are...the dawning of a new day, a new year, and perhaps a new you!

 I always get excited by the new year I think of this as a new slate, completely empty, a canvas if you will.
I have the choice, we all do, of making this year what we choose to make it. We can choose to live in Technicolor hues or the dreariest greys as possible.I am like a giddy schoolgirl every year in this last week between Christmas and New Year's as to what the new year may hold. I no longer make resolutions; I make intentions. They are written out and framed. Every day will begin and end will me reading aloud these intentions until they are met.

As we embark upon the next 12 months, I am very excited about the possibilities that lie ahead. I have many irons in the fire right now. I want to thank all of you past and present who have supported the work that I have done over the past 20+ years as I have performed as Carol Channing.
I truly feel that I have achieved as much as it is humanly possible to do so with what I have done. The press have been incredibly generous to me over the years. That goes double for my audiences. The greatest gift that has come out of the work that I have done is my friendship with Carol Channing, Harry Kullijian, Missie Finnell, and Harlan Boll.Like all good things, everything must come to an end and I am closing the door on my career performing as Carol Channing. This decision comes after much soul-searching and does not come lightly. For many years, Carol was an iconic figure from the Broadway stage, television, and a few movies. However, over the past eight years, she has become a friend.THAT, I never thought would happen. Knowing Carol the way I know her now, I could never live up to that person on stage. So, as I have stated here, it is time to move on.If the right opportunity presented itself, I would be open to thinking about it, But I will no longer be pursuing work as Carol. 2012...Richard Skipper: At Last!

2012, I will be focusing more on my writing. I have a book that I hope to publish in 2014. More about that as the days unfold.

I also have a major project that I am devoting my time to over the next few months that can and will be a major turning point in my life and career.
STAY TUNED!

I will be keeping my performing to a minimum at least until the end of the year. I am available for consultations, career coaching, and mentoring. As I celebrate my own career, I desire for all to have careers worth celebrating. Let me help you. If you trust me, I can show you how to create higher visibility in the new year.
On January 30, I will be conducting a class (limited to 10 people) to help you stay on course and map out your destiny over the next 12 months.

New Year's resolutions can be tricky: more often than not, they involve some serious life altering action, like losing 50 pounds or taking up yoga, or getting your finances in order. Take a look around at all the things that make a living and working on your career so attractive-look at what we have available to us-the arts, entertainment,major events happening around us each and every day. Don't you desire to be a part of all that?


Your every move is painting a picture of you. How you are perceived will matter. Be careful not to talk too much about what you've already been demonstrated in 2011, it's a new year, baby!



I hope to see you in the winners circle! It's truly up to you whether you want to be there or not.
 Have a SENSATIONAL day.
It’s impossible not to.

Today, see if you can look at people, at what they do, at what they say, at what you think and the sensations you experience and just let them be whatever they are without trying to change them or do anything about them.
The Thought Exchange, David Friedman


Please buy David Friedman's book. It is a great guide to begin your 2012 journey!


NO COPY WRITE INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!
Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!
Follow me on Twitter If you've seen one of my appearances/shows, add your thoughts to my guestbook at www.RichardSkipper.com


Tomorrow's blog will be...YOU TELL ME...I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!

Thank you, to all the mentioned in this blog!


 

Here's to an INCREDIBLE tomorrow for ALL...with NO challenges!


Now, GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TOMORROW!

 Become A Facebook friend of mine!
Please contribute to the DR. CAROL CHANNING  and HARRY KULLIJIAN FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS


TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED 2012!
Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com


In Loving Memory of Harry Kullijian Born:December 27th, 1919 in Turlock, CA. Died December 26th, 2011 in Rancho Mirage, CA.

Comments