LOVE IS SEEING EVERYTHING EXACTLY AS IT IS

Love is not a doing. Love is allowing everything to be exactly as it is.


It is the day after Christmas and there were many reminders yesterday of how precious life is. We had a few friends over for dinner on Christmas eve. I'm proud to say that the meal came out exactly as I had envisioned it. After everyone left, around 11:30, Danny and I cleaned until around midnight. At midnight, we sat down to watch Auntie Mame on TCM. Of course, Mame Dennis's philosophy is to "Live! Live! Live!" As many times as I've seen this movie, I STILL laugh out loud at the witty dialogue and Rosalind Russell's INCREDIBLE over the top portrayal of this madcap character.

Danny, exhausted, only lasted half an hour. He went on to bed. I settled in to enjoy the rest of the film. 
I got up to get Nala, our cat and a comforter. Nala was lying on my chest, purring. About 15 minutes later, she let out a cry, put her head down on my chest, and was gone. I have never been in the presence of a person or animal dying and it is one of the most painful things I have ever experienced. 
I cried like I haven't in a long time. Danny came downstairs when he heard me sobbing. He was as shocked as much as I was. When he went to bed, she was lying in the living room as peaceful as could be. 
In a moment, GONE! We called Valley Cottage Animal Hospital. They were very helpful and we, sadly, had her cremated. I only had her since October 31st.
She was 10 years old and the previous owner had to find another home for her. I will always cherish the time we had together.I also lost another friend today. I will write about that when the time is right. My goal for all of you in 2012 is Carpe Diem! Seize the day. THIS is all we have and it IS a lot! 

I don't want this blog to be morbid but I am reminded daily how wonderful life is and how fragile and fleeting it is.
And have a SENSATIONAL day.
It’s impossible not to.

Today, see if you can look at people, at what they do, at what they say, at what you think and the sensations you experience and just let them be whatever they are without trying to change them or do anything about them.
The Thought Exchange, David Friedman

Please buy David Friedman's book. It is a great guide to begin your 2012 journey!


NO COPY WRITE INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!
Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!
Follow me on Twitter If you've seen one of my appearances/shows, add your thoughts to my guestbook at www.RichardSkipper.com


Tomorrow's blog will be...YOU TELL ME...I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!

Thank you, to all the mentioned in this blog!


 
Here's to an INCREDIBLE tomorrow for ALL...with NO challenges!


Now, GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TOMORROW!

 Become A Facebook friend of mine!
Please contribute to the DR. CAROL CHANNING  and HARRY KULLIJIAN FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS

TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED HOLIDAY SEASON
Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com

Comments