Goodbye to an Entertaining Year!

" Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to!"
-William E Vaughan, American newspaper columnist
(1915-1977)




Goodbye, 2011!
 It seems like it was just yesterday that I sat down to say goodbye to 2010 and a big hello to 2011. My horoscope says today: You may think that if you don't act fast an opportunity will go begging, but that isn't the case at all. In fact the planets urge you to take your time and get it right - it's more important than being first.And I have carefully thought out my game plan for next year. More about that tomorrow.

New Year's resolution almost never work, right?


As we enter, what we perceive as a new time and year of our lives, lets try to be the person we always wanted to be!! 

Strive to Be that Good person deep down inside!! The happy one... The whole one...
If you are willing to try to change yourself, the Universe will join in to help...
Happy New Year......... and HAPPY NEW YOU!!!

Tym Moss



As another New Year approaches, I hope you all take the time the assess how you fared in 2011. I think the problem is that people make unrealistic goals. They think that overnight, they are going to change habits that they have spent a lifetime building.They think that they are going to change their entire lives on January 1st. 
And what ends up happening, is that by January 5th they have failed. thus they think they are incapable of sticking to their goals and/or plans. So my suggestion is that rather than trying to make unrealistic goals make intentions; What you INTEND to set out to do in the next year.
Create a game plan or a map of where you visualize yourself being one year from today… And stick to it!
Let me help you! I promise you results!!


My best wishes to you too. May the New Year be kind and generous to us all. May it heal out hearts and lighten our load. And not to forget a little chocolate on the side!
Stephan Artist

This has been a great year with incredible highs and a few lows.
When the year began, I was appearing off-Broadway in my show.




I had a wonderful birthday. I even danced with Marge Champion!How wonderful is that? A week later, Danny and I flew out to Palm Springs to celebrate my actual birthdate with Carol Channing and Harry Kullijian. While in Palm Springs, I performed a special show for Carol and Harry of a show I put together specifically for this trip out there, called "To Carol with Love", a benefit for Carol and Harry's Foundation For The Arts.



A week later, I flew back to LA to surprise Carol for her 90th birthday celebration.In April, I co-produced, for the second time, The Bistro Awards. We honored Carol Channing, Tyne Daly, and Dionne Warwick. It was an exciting night!
That same week, Carol Channing: Larger Than Life, which I am so proud to be a part of, premiered at The Tribeca Film Festival .
The following week, Carol and Harry flew in to New York and we went to a screening together, followed by a lovely lunch at the Central Park Boathouse, courtesy of the film's producer, Dori Berenstein. I performed in a Zani's Furry Friends benefit with Lee Roy Reams and Hayley Mills.
Thank you Sarah Rice!


I started writing a DAILY blog this year which is VERY EXCITING for me. I have made some incredible connections with great opportunities this year. Please be on the lookout for what the new year holds!

Thanks to Paula Reilly, I was able to stretch my acting chops again with two very different acting pieces: a new dramatic scene called "Wake" and Jules Fieffer's "Little Murders". It was a blast to be "acting" . . beyond Carol. . . again.
With Barbara Miluski in Wake
I did two events for the Ziegfeld Society this year.
One as Carol and one as Richard. In July, Danny and I got married after 21 years!


It is now legal here in New York!
Thank you, Governor Cuomo!
In August, I celebrated my 32nd year in New York!

In September, I performed in Oklahoma City and I took my annual sabbatical in Malibu. November, I produced a panel for the New York Sheet Music Society honoring Jerry Herman. Read about it HERE.
We had Amber Edwards, Lee Roy Reams, Marge Champion, Ken Bloom, Donald Pippin, Klea Blackhurst and Miles Phillips, and I was overwhelmed by the response on every level.
I followed this up two weeks later with an SRO musical tribute to Jerry Herman at The Triad. This was co-produced by Magda Katz! Not a bad way to end the year!

I saw a LOT of great shows this year. I thank ALL of the entertainers who have added to the experience of the past year. 
The year started out with us seeing Lorne a lot that Feinstein's in January 5th. It was the perfect start for the year and also the perfect antidote.
It already started being one of the worst winters in New York's recorded history.
It seemed like every time we turn around we were being hit by a major storm and/or blizzard. But Lorna has the major talent to warm up Siberia.



In January it was very exciting to be part of the APAP convention once again.
APAP stands for Arts Presenters and Performers and every January there is a convention here in New York City at the Hilton where agents get a chance to present their talent to many buyers who are in town seeking out product for their next season.
I shared a booth with the Rapp Agency, one of the most prestigious agencies around.
I was also lucky enough to spend quality time with one of my favorite entertainers, Michelle Lee, and also got the opportunity to meet one of my favorite performers, Leslie Jordan, thanks to my friend and Leslie's producer, Bruce Robert Harris.

Raissa Katona Bennett
 Also in January, and also at Feinstein's,we saw our friend, Raissa Katona Bennett, perform her amazing tribute to Jerome Kern.

At the York Theatre, we saw The Road to Qatar, a fun show with a great cast.

It was fun to see James Beaman on stage once again I am a huge fan of his.



The month ended with me appearing on The Joey Reynolds Show on NBC with one of my idols, Marilyn Michaels. It was stormy outside but it was so much fun.
 

Here's to a great 2012. Look for what's ahead on my website!
Thank you, Glen Charlow, for the work you do on my site and in all other design areas. It is much appreciated! Everyone, look for a newer more streamlined website in the coming weeks!
Before I end this blog...
Happy Birthday, Jule Styne!

Here's to a great 2012. Look for what's ahead on my website!
NO COPY WRITE INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.  FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!

Please do what YOU can to be more aware that words and actions DO HURT...but they can also heal and help!
Follow me on Twitter If you've seen one of my appearances/shows, add your thoughts to my guestbook at www.RichardSkipper.com


Tomorrow's's blog will be...MY INTENTIONS FOR 2012!



Thank you, to all the mentioned in this blog!

  Here's to an SUCCESS-FULL 2012 for ALL...with NO challenges!


Now, GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TOMORROW!

 Become A Facebook friend of mine!
Please contribute to the DR. CAROL CHANNING  and HARRY KULLIJIAN FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS
TILL TOMORROW...HERE'S TO AN ARTS FILLED 2012
Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com

 In Loving Memory of Harry Kullijian Born:December 27th, 1919 in Turlock, CA. Died December 26th, 2011 in Rancho Mirage, CA.

Comments