Sue & Edd's FABULOUS Christmas Show Goes to Wurtsboro & RICHARD SKIPPER as "CAROL CHANNING" in CONCERT opens off-Broadway!

Sue Matsuki's a little bit jazzy, and Edd Clark's a little bit legit, and this award winning duo is bringing their annual Christmas show to back to the Laurie Beechman!
The show features great arrangements of familiar holiday tunes, and songs that will become holiday classics. There's even a new song by Sue and Paul Stephan.

Be sure and follow Sue's column in CABARET HOTLINE.

TOMORROW NIGHT, December 11th 8:00 p.m.
The Community Church of Wurtsboro
134 Sullivan St.
Wurtsboro, NY 12790
845-888-2798 (Reservations)
General Admission $15.00/$10 students and seniors

With music director and arranger Paul Stephan.
Special guest, Sarah Rice
Stop by for a little dose of holiday spirit. and home baked goodies!
SUE & EDD'S FABULOUS CHRISTMAS SHOW CD is the perfect holiday present, and is available at CDBaby.com and iTunes!
Our CD is a celebration of the wonderful music of Christmas and it's also the perfect gift for your friends and family. We're very excited that it's now available at CDbaby.com and iTunes!!
For more information, go to
www.fabulouschristmasshow.com



A Little bit about Sue Matsuki...I have known Sue so long, I can barely think of my life without her! Sue and I met at this wonderful brunch MANY YEARS ago and we immediately hit it off. Sue, I think we should resurrect those brunches in the New Year. Sue has been a constant help to me over the years and I LOVE her! Visit Sue's website at http://www.suematsuki.com

You can take Sue home with you! Sue Matsuki - A New TakeI have this CD and I highly recommend it. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Sue+Matsuki&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=546&ie=UTF-8&cid=15854408060546391254&ei=NSoCTfTaIISKlwevg7WACA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDQQ8wIwAA#
Speaking of Happiness, Bluesette, I'm Gonna Miss You, Your Brought a New Kind of Love, Quiet Night of Quiet Stars/Astrud, I'll Close My Eyes, It's Nice Weather for Ducks, I Whistle a Happy Tune/Whistling in the Dark, Moondance, Runaway/Love Is Blind, Have You Got Any Castles, Baby?, The Shadow of Your Smile/The Shining Sea, Shaking the Blues Away, Anticipation

And now a little bit about Ed Clark. I first came to know Ed when I saw him in 3 Tenors in Search of An Act. I saw that show one night with the late great Dottie Burman and Gerta Grunen. Danny, Dottie, Gerta, and myself were the only ones in the audience. We gave them the option of not doing the show that night. But, no, they said we were there to see them and they were going to do their show for us. Wow, were we all overwhelmed. What troopers. Another side note, Edd's life partner happened to do all of the arrangements for the show. I knew then and there that I wanted Paul Stephan to do my arrangements for me. One of the best career moves I ever made. You can hear some of Paul's fabulous arrangements in my upcoming show at St. Luke's.
More about that later...The bottom line is, I LOVE YOU, EDD CLARK!

What can I say about Sarah Rice? The original Johanna in Sweeney Todd. I got to know Sarah during my run co-hosting WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT THE IGUANA. One of the perks of that run, I might add. Sarah, along with Sue Matsuki, is one of the hardest working people in the biz. Again, I love you, Sarah!
What can I say about Paul Stephan? I owe so much to this man. He did most of my arrangements, he was my musical director for a while, and we've been on the road together! Paul 's vocal works ....
Whether it's an art song or a choral work, his love of the voice is always evident, and his individuality is always present. His art songs have been performed on the St. Paul Chapel Concert Series, the Christ Chapel Chamber Series, and at the Armenian Evangelical Church of NY Concerts in the New York area. His choral works have been performed in many churches, and recorded by the Hickory Choral Society. His setting of the 23rd Psalm was written for and performed at the 9/11 Memorial Service for the Methodist Conference of NY.

His song cycles "Lullabies" and "Songs of War" have been premiered by The Phoenix Quartet. Paul studied composition with Karel Husa and John Easton, and is an alumnus of the BMI Lehman Engle Musical Theatre Workshop.
Paul is a graduate of Ithaca College and the University of Utah, where he received a Master of Fine Arts in writing and directing musical theatre. He has studied composition with John Eaton and Karel Husa, and hiis songs have been performed on the St. Paul Chapel Concert Series, the Christ Chapel Chamber Series, and at the Armenian Evangelical Church of NY. Paul is an alumnus of the BMI Lehman Engle Musical Theatre workshop, and had his works performed in their evenings of “works in progress.” He has composed scores for several musicals, including A Fairy Tale , Beauty and the Beast, and Trudy, which premiered at Theatre 138 in
Salt Lake City .
His song Anymore can be currently be heard on Bettina Covo's debut CD Out of the Shadows.
Paul's choral works have been premiered at many churches in the NYC area, including the Middle Collegiate Church, and Madison Avenue Baptist Church, where he is Minister of Music. His arrangement of The Sky Can Still Remember was recorded by the Hickory Choral Society, and his choral version of the 23rd Psalm was featured at the 9/11 anniversary service for the conference of NY Methodist churches.
I wish I was available to go to Wurtsboro tomorrow night to celebrate you all. MUCH SUCCESS! If YOU see this and can make this, please go!
12 Days till my first preview of my up coming show: Richard Skipper as "Carol Channing" in ConcertThank you, Russ Weatherford for my promotional tribute. Check this out! All I want for Christmas is to have YOU at my first preview, December 22nd! Please help me start this off with a bang!


THE FOLLOWING ARE COMMENTS FROM
http://www.richardskipper.com/guestbook.html

I have seen Richard Skipper in the past and he gets greater each time! It is my dream to have him perform for my Senior Club and all the Senior Clubs in Ramapo. I will certainly be in touch with him in the near future.
Bernard Patashnik, Suffern,N.Y.



Thank you Richard for such a great time at the Iguana! I think that there may be no where else in NYC where you can hear such a wonderful diversity of style and talent. It is an honor and a pleasure to be included in your Company.

Vicki Burns, http://www.vickiburnsjazz.com

I have seen Richard's show many times! OK I am a big fan. This summer Richard brought the show to Provincetown. How perfect. My friends and I could not have enjoyed it more. Congratulations Richard.
Phyllis B. Frank, http://www.gaypriderockland.org
Phyllis B. Frank (middle), VCS Gay Pride Director, with Juried Art Exhibit & Sale to Benefit Gay Pride Rockland Curator Susan Harrington and Exhibit Chair Hal Parker.


SEE FOR YOURSELF DECEMBER 22nd at ST. LUKE'S THEATRE, 46th Street, NYC 2PM!



. . . the first time ever I have been shown with such love, respect and polish. Richard Skipper is a true musical comedy star! He is fabulous as me!"~ Carol Channing

www.RichardSkipper.com

Follow me on Twitter www.Twitter.com/RichardSkipper


Google me!

Please contribute to the DR. CAROL CHANNING & HARRY KULLIJIAN FOUNDATION FOR THE ARTS: http://www.carolchanning.org/foundation.htm

TILL NEXT WEEK...HERE'S TO A MUSICAL HOLIDAY SEASON!
With grateful XOXOXs for your support!
Richard Skipper, Richard@RichardSkipper.com

Comments